Based on the Automotive Industries Association of Canada’s 2012 Outlook Study, Canadians are keeping their cars on the road longer than ever before. This means that if you are part of the 54% of Canadians whose vehicle is over eight years old, then you must know that your vehicle’s maintenance is more important than ever.
Bottom-line benefits of regular vehicle maintenance include:
- More Mileage: A well-serviced vehicle has an increased fuel economy of ten percent and will cost you significantly less at the pump.
- Less Costly Repairs: Simple things like having your oil changed regularly can correct small problems that, if left unchecked, can lead to costly repairs down the road.
- Less Accident-Related Expenses: Regular vehicle maintenance may cost you a few dollars today, but taking care of your car keeps you safe on the road and helps you prevent accidents, which typically cause your insurance premiums to soar and your monthly payments to increase dramatically.
- Higher Resale Value: A vehicle that has been serviced as per its manufacturer recommended service guide, with proper records, is likely to have a higher resale value than one that hasn’t.
- Longer Life for Your Car: Regular maintenance will prolong the life span of your vehicle, therefore postponing the need for a new car. This will allow you to save more money for your next vehicle down payment, or pay off other debts.
For more vehicle maintenance and safety tips, please visit www.becarcareaware.ca.